Supports manufacturing operations by conducting laboratory analyses and evaluating results, as needed, which provides critical data. Prepares samples and performs basic calibration, preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation and methods. Uses data systems to acquire data and monitor analytical system performance. Reports results to clients. Requires broadened technical skills in analytical/scientific methods or operational processes to perform a defined array of activities. May act as an informal resource for team members with less experience.
- Performs routine analyses.
- Collects samples according to the Sample Plan.
- Prepares basic calibration standards.
- Performs basic calibration and preventative maintenance of analytical systems.
- Evaluates validity of data, applies basic statistics, interpret results and takes appropriate action.
- Monitors analytical systems, identifies problems, conducts first-line troubleshooting and escalates as appropriate.
- Documents, communicates and archives analytical results and calibration data.
- Follows EH&S and operating discipline management system (ODMS) procedures and practices for work tasks.
- Suggests improvements to lab work processes and tools.
- Completion of Vocational Education or Upper Secondary Education (i.e. High School Diploma) plus laboratory, manufacturing or other related experience.
- Post Upper Secondary Education coursework in chemistry or related coursework.